A day or two later I was playing capture the flag with a bunch of people and while Katie Packer and I were stuck in jail we took note of the surrounding trees. Engrossed in our conversation, we discussed what family we thought the closest tree was part of. We were throwing out terms like "flattened petioles" and latin rooted words like "Salicaceae" while the others in jail stood and stared at us not exactly sure how to feel about the conversation.
Later that night I had a full on discussion about fruit with someone I had met only five minutes prior. We discussed the perfect peach and how others had no idea what they a fresh peach tastes like if they have only had them from a store. We expressed our pity towards those who haven't had the experience of freshly picked fruit. Then we both acknowledged the fact that we had never had such an extensive fruit conversation with a stranger before.
I like to stare at quail crossing the street and count their chicks. I like to sing primary and Disney songs. I like to learn. My best friend is still my mom. I have Friday nights when I would actually prefer to study or sleep than be social. I liked marching band. I still have dolls, stuffed animals and children's books all throughout my bedroom. I am a nerd. Sometimes I think it's a little embarrassing that I can't hide these little quirks about me but then I realize why should I? I am taking a stand and telling you and everyone else to embrace yourself. Embrace your inner nerd because chances are the person standing next to you has an inner nerd waiting to go crazy. Love your inner nerd. Be your inner nerd.
I'm Marci and I'm a NERD.
I love nerds. :)
ReplyDeleteMarci, you are awesome period.
ReplyDeletehmmm... a quick few reason why Im a nerd. I call xander chunky skunky monkey, john-shlon-mon-kon or neener nok nok head in public like is a normal term of endearment. Or when I throw my head back and laugh like a man/donkey/witch extremely loud pretty much anytime i find something entertaining. The fact I got into television series battlestar galactica. i too liked marching band and was drum majorette which resulted in an extremely large deltoid on my right arm from pumping that baton.
ReplyDelete