8.10.11

Who Am I (take II)

I'm Marci- I've gone country (look at them boots). These were a great investment. I wear them at least once a week and I LOVE them. Three years ago, these were far from anywhere on my shopping list. This summer they were sitting right on top. I can wear a pretty summer dress with them (not now, in October, obviously) or tuck some jeans in and go more casual. They, of course, add a couple inches of height and that's always a bonus. I wear them on days when I want to look nice but not wear heels. I wear them on dates. I wear them to church. I just love to wear them. 


These represent a side of me that has recently developed. As mentioned in earlier posts, I have been experiencing some changes and cowgirl is one of 'em. Right now I am sort of a cowgirl wannabe but maybe someday I will gain the real title! I love country music. I love to "get a little gravel in my travel" and drive big trucks on long back-roads. I love horses and will usually jump at any opportunity to ride them. Something else of importance: I especially looove cowboys! 

I feel like these boots represent a side of me that wants to live a country life. Wake up to the sunrise. Send my kids out to grab the chicken eggs. Go tend to my horse. Take care of the new litter of puppies. Feed the pigs. Work the day through and at the end, sit on the porch to watch the day fade away with the crickets chirpin, a warm summer breeze and the sweet smell of country livin' in the air. You can't tell me that doesn't sound like a fun life to live.

I'm Marci and I've gone Country.

5 comments:

  1. I am SO happy you have finally found the wonderfulness of country!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait....what have you done with my daughter? If I didn't know better I'd say some cowboy has turned your head..........oh wait........about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living the country life is my dream too! Cows, chickens the whole stinky kit and caboodle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All but the pigs. ;) Funny, I had to come to Manson to go country... you had to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this. you are the cutest girl ever!

    ReplyDelete