2.7.12

From Horses to Horses... Part 3

Warning. Contains minor sappy love story content. Read at your own risk.

I think the day after our horse "date" (or early payment for taking notes, as Chris would like to call it) Chris left on his glorious hunting trip to Montana. I remember randomly during the weekend I received picture of a beautiful mountainous view. The one time Chris randomly had service, he thought to send me pictures. Of course at the time to him I was only one of those pretty little blondes that are one in a MILLION at BYU, but still.... I like to pretend that at that moment, I was something special to him. :) (Who knows how many other girls he sent that picture to?)

He got back and within a couple of days he texted me to see if he could "get his notes over dinner" and I said of course. When he picked me up, I had my notebook in hand and was ready to let him copy down his notes when he laughed at me! He failed to convey his sarcasm (via text) and apparently had no intentions whatsoever to actually collect the notes. Later that week I get a facebook message. "Are you hungry?" and I replied with something like "If you are asking me out on a date, then yes." Of course he said he wasn't, he just wanted to know if I was hungry but we went out anyways.

We had a couple more dates, one consisting of fishing where I couldn't cast and insisted upon naming the worms and another where I wouldn't let him kill a bee (he insists it was a wasp). Finally on one Friday night that I was actually hanging out with some girl friends he asked me what I was up to. After getting ice cream with the girls I told him where I was and he came to pick me up. He said he was surprised that I was up to it this late and I replied with (according to him) "That's what your supposed to do in college!" or something honkey like that. That night we went up to a gazebo on the side of a mountain overlooking Utah Valley. I borrowed his sweat shirt and we walked up to it and sat and talked for quite a while. He indicated that we should probably head back and as we left the gazebo I think I grabbed his hand (?). I was shivering on the walk home and he stopped to "warm me up." I stared right up into his cute country face as he told me I have beautiful eyes and then boom. He laid one on me smack dab on the lips.

Can I just pause and point out how blissfully sweet and innocent going on dates is until the first kiss? Then it just gets messy.

So after a few more dates, complications arose. He thought I was crazy, my brother (who had never met Chris) sent him a threatening message on Facebook, I was a little girl who was terrified at the thought of dating... you know, the list goes on. Anyway, the rest of that semester we had some issues but we still studied together and talked in class. By the end of the semester I had given him advise on what to say to some cheesy girl and dared me to ask a guy out in the library. Over Christmas break I remember being surprised at how much he came up.

The next semester we had most of our classes together (again) and somehow ended up sitting with each other (again) probably against his will. We eventually just became genuine friends who went to lunch together daily. Everyone in our major thought we were dating. We talked about problems and issues we were facing and got to know each other on a much deeper level than just the typical flirty friends. As the semester drew to a close an interest in him developed (again). All the sudden I was looking at him as a possible guy to date again and it was rather confusing. During conference I expressed this and he expressed similar feelings and about a week after that we started "dating" again. Oh. Boy. 

2 comments: